About Me

My photo
A big lover of all types of media, from Movies to Video Games, Books to Music, Television to Stage.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Golden Globes Wrap-Up

Morning all.  Don't have a lot to write about today, since there are a multitude of websites outlining who won what last night, and this isn't a site that will ever be about who was wearing what, so given the fact that there are certainly places you can go to get that kind of writing, please feel free to do so.

I will congratulate some of the winners here, based solely on the stuff I watch and who actually won.  First off I'd like to cheer for "Boardwalk Empire" for winning Best Television Series - Drama.  Also, a shout out to Steve Buscemi, for his Best Performance By An Actor In A Television Series - Drama...he has been one of Hollywood's most under-rated actors for years now, and it is truly great to see him finally getting the roles and recognition he deserves.

My current favourite sitcoms did some good business last night as well.  Jim Parsons from "Big Bang Theory" nailed Best Performance By An Actor In A Television Series - Comedy Or Musical, and "Glee" not only won Best Television Series - Comedy Or Musical, but also brought home Best Supporting nods for Jane Lynch and Chris Colfer as well.  Kudos to both of you, for standing out in the ensemble that is the incredible cast of "Glee."

See, like most people, I'm not really thrilled with any awards given to people who are acting in stuff I don't watch.  Congratulations to them all around, but I'm not likely to mention everyone who won, simply because I'm not invested in other shows that got nods.  And as for the movie-based awards, I have a whole other blog for that, and any award recipients that I'm happy got their statues will get their shout outs over there.  You can find that particular site at Real To Reel, and when that post has gone up the name of the site will become an active link.

For now, have good days everyone, and I hope last night's winners don't let it go to their heads too much - I personally still need more entertaining!  Keep that recliner free for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment